Barbara Lindenmeyer Farrow, 88, a native of Lake Forest, IL and a resident of Spanish Fort, AL, passed away on Tuesday, March 19, 2019, surrounded by her loving children.
Mrs. Farrow was a first-grade school teacher, and educator most of her life, including serving as a Christian Education director. In her spare time, she loved family camping trips and later touring and camping in their RV with her husband. While RVing, she volunteered for Habitat for Humanity home builds and at corporate headquarters. She enjoyed playing golf and bridge. She was involved in many activities and organizations, such as being a Girl Scout Leader and camp director, being involved in community theatre, where she loved singing and acting in plays. She had a love for the Presbyterian Church, where she faithfully attended and served alongside of her husband for many years.
Mrs. Farrow was preceded in death by her husband of 65 years, Reverend Robert W. Farrrow; father, Edgar William Lindenmeyer; mother, Alice Catherine Swanton; and brother, Edgar James Lindenmeyer.
She is survived by her children, Tim Farrow of Atlanta, GA, Sheri Sky, Durham, NC, Tery Farrow, San Mateo, CA and Beth Geiger of Daphne, AL; grandson, Ben Frey of Halethrope, MD; great-grandchildren, Andrew Geiger, Sara Beth Geiger of Daphne, AL; as well as other family members and friends.
A Celebration of Life for Mrs. Farrow will be Friday, March 22, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. at Spanish Fort Presbyterian Church, 6620 Spanish Fort Blvd., Spanish Fort, AL, 36527.
There will also be a Celebration of Life service for Rev. and Mrs. Farrow will be held Friday, March 22, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. at Westminster Village, 500 Spanish Fort Blvd., Spanish Fort, AL 36527 in the Pete Allen Room.
In lieu of flowers, the family suggest memorial donations be made to: Spanish Fort Presbyterian Church, P. O. Box 7386, Spanish Fort, AL 36527-7386 or Habitat for Humanity in memory of Mrs. Farrow. See instructions below on how to donate:
*Here are the options for on-line giving:
Click Here to give online to Spanish Fort Presbyterian.
- Click the green GIVE NOW button.
- Fill in your donation amount, donation frequency, and date. Click the “CONTINUE” button.
- Fill out the donor information boxes.
- Depending on how you’d like to give, choose the appropriate button next to checking, savings, or credit/debit.
- Fill in required information
- Under notes, please mention that this gift is in memory of Mrs. Barbara Farrow
- If you anticipate giving online through this portal again, click “Select Password” to create a profile. If not, just click the “Process $” button.
- A “Thank You” page appears. Be sure to print your receipt.
Here is the website for Habitat for Humanity Donations: https://www.habitat.org/donate/?link=628
- Scroll down and there is an entry on the right side of that page with a header of “Other Ways to Donate”
- Click select “Designate your donation to a location or cause”
- Fill in the form for monthly/one-time, giving amount, your name, address, credit card, etc
- Then can scroll down and there’s an entry for “Optional Details” select “Donate in honor of someone and send a personalized card”
- you can also select “Designate a your donation”
- and if you chose, select “To a specific local Habitat organization” and select Alabama and Baldwin county (note Baldwin County is not in alphabetical order)
- then click Donate.
- The next screen will allow you to send a printed card or an email card.
- For printed cards, please send to Barbara Farrow or Beth Geiger to the address of 111 Durnford Hill Ct, Daphne AL 36526
- For email cards, please use Beth’s email of [email protected]
- There’s a drop down for Sympathy/Memorial
- Select a card design
- Edit or customize the inscription on the inside
Expressions of condolence for the family may be made at www.hughesfh.com. Arrangements by Hughes Funeral Home, 7951 American Way, Daphne, AL 36526.